The City of Brownsville has a strict policy for water bill collection to ensure that the city suffers no loss of income due to inconsistencies in bill collection and payment (Ordinances 3-00a, 2-03, 3-01, 9-20c).
Your NET bill is due the 1st to the 15th of every month. If the 15th falls on a holiday or weekend it will be due the business day after the 15th. Afterward the penalty goes on your bill and is included in the gross amount. Please remember when mailing your payment that the penalty must be included if postmarked after the due date. Partial payments will not be accepted.
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BY THE 15TH OF THE MONTH TO AVOID LATE PENALTY CHARGES.
- On the 25th of the month (at noon) a service man will disconnect meters on all unpaid accounts.
- To reinstate service after disconnection, the account must be PAID IN FULL including all previous balances and/or fees plus a $50.00 reconnection charge.
RECONNECTION IS AVAILABLE FROM 8am-2pm MONDAY - FRIDAY. NO WEEKEND, HOLIDAY OR AFTER HOURS SERVICE.
TAMPERING WITH WATER METERS OR WATER SERVICE EQUIPMENT AND THEFT OF WATER ARE CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES AND MAY RESULT IN PROSECUTION!
- If you should
move without notice we must use your deposit to take care of any balance left owed by you and hold any unpaid portion as a bad debt. In the event you should move back to town you will be required to pay the bad debt owed plus a new deposit.
- There is a $10.00 transfer fee to move service within the city limits.
OTHER CHARGES AND - OR FEES
Customers will be charged $35.00 for returned checks, and service will be disconnected if not paid.
For your convenience, there are six ways to pay your bill:
- At City Hall Monday through Friday (cash, check, or money order)
- In payment drop box (located by front door at City Hall)
- Debit and credit card payments (online or over the phone)
- At the Bank of Edmonson County (if paid by the 15th of the month)
- ACH Autopay (complete application and provide voided check)
- By US Mail
City Hall office hours are Monday thru Friday 8am-4pm (Closed 12pm-1pm for lunch and on holidays)
Our mailing address is:
Brownsville Water System
PO Box 238
Brownsville, KY 42210-0238
Prompt payment of your bill to avoid penalty and delinquent charges is sincerely appreciated!